Yes, you knew it was coming. Backgrounds to practice Walt Weiskopf’s great new book, Beyond The Horn. A lot of these are based on “standard” tunes. A couple are original chord changes. All of them are very challenging to play with the Etudes out of the book. It’s different, it’s fun, it will bust your chops for sure. Enjoy!
Update: 04/18 17:50 GMT by E :There seems to be some strange software things happening today. I don’t have time to fix them till tonight, so, it appears most of the links to the backgrounds aren’t working. I apologize.
These were done on Band-in-a-Box 2006 using Roland Super Quartet. They are in MP4 format (ie: iTunes), except for the Band in a box files. They contain some slower speeds as well as the tempo marked on the etude.
Beyond The Horn Backgrounds (8.3 KiB, 191 hits)
You do not have permission to download this file.
- Like John – Bb (9.2 Megs), Eb
- Dorian Displacement – for Bb (5.3 Megs), Eb
- Two For Tea – for Bb (15.4 Megs), Eb
- In Tune – for Bb (15.9 Megs), Eb
- Sixth House – for Bb (8.2 Megs), Eb
- Straight Up – for Bb (6.7 Megs), Eb
- Aeolian Shark – for Bb 3.8 Megs), Eb
- Refrigerator – for Bb (6 Megs), Eb
- Primal Urge – for Bb, Eb
- Hometown – for Bb, Eb
- Nolava – for Bb, Eb
- The Way You Are – for Bb, Eb
- Potato Head – for Bb, Eb
- Prince Edward – for Bb, Eb
- Deep Water – for Bb, Eb
- Forgotten – for Bb, Eb
- You, I Remember – for Bb, Eb
- You’re Modern – for Bb, Eb (4.3 Megs)
- Confirm or Deny – for Bb, Eb (7.1 Megs)
- Huge – for Bb, Eb